When I was dairy free I CRAVED cream cheese danishes! This was one of the top things on my “when I can eat dairy again…” list but after discovering Kite Hill cream cheese, I decided to try to make my own. I reviewed a handful of regular cheese danish recipes and altered them to create my very own dairy free danish!
If you aren’t dairy free, these are still delicious! But you are welcome to change the dairy free items for regular dairy filled items that you already have in your home.
Cream Cheese Danish Ingredients:
- 2 cans on pillsbury seamless dough (original) – Keep cold until opening
- 8oz container of kite hill plain cream cheese
- 6 TBSP sugar
- 3/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp plain kite hill yogurt
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 TBSP almond milk
- 1/2 TBSP melted country crock (original in the tub) butter
- With a hand mix combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and yogurt
- Open the dough but do not roll it out. Cut the rolled dough every 1/4 inch to create circles of dough. If cutting the dough misshaped the circles just reshape them with your hands.
- Press down the center of each circle of dough to create a dip in the center for filling and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Fill the circles with the cream cheese mixture.
- Cook at 375 for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix together the 3 icing ingredients to make the icing and once cool
- Drizzle icing over the pastries.